Powermatic mystery?

Page 3 of 3
Amusingly enough I got an e-mail about this this morning announcing a new big lathe... 4224B. However, when I clicked on the link for more information I encountered the count down clock that has been up for the past month or so showing 2 hours 18 minutes and counting before the announcement. Reminds me of the time an e-mail came out about how a VP was no longer with the company before they told him.... he read about it on his Blackberry. Someone in IT was in trouble in both cases?
On Jun 8, 8:44am, "John Grossbohlin"

Each time I got some type of email reminder about this Big Thing ,the clock on the reminder was a few hours ahead of the clock on the Powermatic website. I was hoping the Big thing was an announcement that they were going to start manufacturing their table saws once again in the USA. Now they have a lathe that is - size wise - comparable to the ONEWAY. Marc (who is no longer mystified by Powermatic)
On Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:53:56 PM UTC-7, John Grossbohlin wrote:

Yup, I still have a green shaper. Sold my green TS and replaced it with a black "Hot Dog" saw. I thought it was funny when a guy who rents space in my shop called my SawStop a "hot dog" saw. I guess thhose hot dog demos have done their branding for the company.

the depth of the (first) recession, Grizzly introduced a line of power tools called Polar Bear. When introduced they appeared to be pretty much the same stuff as some of their other tools, but white with special markings. I spoke to a sales rep in Springfield when I bought my Polar Bear 15" surface planer and he told me they were, in fact, nearly identical. However my planer did have a nicer switch mast to go with the paint; and it was on sale at about $200 off the price of its green cousin. The rep said without shame it was a marketing scheme to combine paint with a few changed features and a sale price to stimulate sales. He also said it worked very well for them.
RonB