Powermatic mystery?

Page 1 of 3
Does anyone know what "new" or BIG thing Powermatic is going to unveil in 7 Days 19 hours 31 minutes and several seconds ago? (Your time may vary depending upon when you read this.) Marc
On 5/31/12 3:30 PM, marc rosen wrote:

Painting their tools green to compete with Festool. :-)
--
Froz...

Or Grizzly :o)

Ha!!
On 5/31/2012 2:53 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Beat them to it years and years ago... :)

Yeah... seems to me early Powermatics I've seen were green....
John

Festool - 1925 Powermatic - 1928
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 5/31/2012 4:12 PM, Swingman wrote:

I regretfully bring this information to you, I checked it before you posted too ;~0
Powermatic is celebrating 90 years, since 1921.
http://www.powermatic.com/About.aspx?nav out
On 6/1/2012 6:54 AM, Leon wrote:

Read the rest of it ... there was no Powermatic company, or factory, before 1928.
The rest is marketing hype ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 6/1/2012 7:11 AM, Swingman wrote:

Oh yeah? Well ... ;~)
Not sure where the 1925 comes in except in the heading/history link but the information seems to point at Festool actually introducing a tool in 1929. And IIRC Festool originally operated under a similar name, Festo IIRC.
Either way Festool is still owned by one of the founding families.
We can discuss further during our next FIG meeting. LOL
On 6/1/2012 7:27 AM, Leon wrote:

Festo, originally a wood cutting tool company, was founded in 1925 and was the parent company until 2000 ... obviously the adding of "ol" making "Festool" was too just clever for the Germans, due to it's Anglicized twist and therefore a more global marketing cachet, to resist.
Thank gawd "Yves Laurent" wasn't available! LOL
BTW, the German word for tool being "werkzeug", it's no damned wonder. :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 6/1/2012 8:09 AM, Swingman wrote:

So in German,..... Festowerkzeug. Schnell!
On 6/1/2012 10:07 AM, Leon wrote:

That was apparently another reason ... the infamous FEStool (Fast Efficient Safe) slogan only works in English:
Schnell Effizient Sicher doesn't quite cut it. ;)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Hi Leon, I thought they "celebrated" 90 years by painting everything black,( or onyx). Or is your comment regarding to the dates in Swing's message?
Marc

I read somewhere that celebrating 90 with 3 30 year olds is interesting.... color not important...

I'd be more than satisfied with 2 45 year olds... (Sure wish I was 45 again!)

On 6/1/2012 9:37 AM, marc rosen wrote:

I'm just pointing to web sites where Powermatic is gold, Not sure where the special black series comes on.
Leon wrote:

Interesting. I'm surprised they would would jeopardize their reputation by such truth-streching.
The likes of Stanley Porter-Cable might be able to have fun with that. How about a T-shirt with the "90-year insignia" crossed-out (and ???)...
On 6/1/2012 5:45 PM, Bill wrote: ...

Don't bother me none...he founded the business and began in '21 it appears; only a name change a few years later instead of (apparently) doing business in his own name or under the lumber business prior to that.
Picky beyond words imo... :(
On 6/1/2012 6:20 PM, dpb wrote:

Actually, what the article clearly states regarding 1921 is that he "was a seller of timber and rough-cut lumber" ... _nowhere_ does it state that he built any machines in 1921.
How clever these marketeers. After all, marketing works best on the gullible, and what's a little "truth stretching" among friends, eh? ;)
It's why a gullible public continues to fall for, and buy products like hamburgers, that bear no resemblance whatsoever to the pictures and gimmicks that advertise them.
FACT: "Powermatic" was founded in 1928 ... its "90th Anniversary" as Powermatic will not be until 2018.
You do the math. End of story ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010