Powermatic bandsaw info?

Page 3 of 3
Bay Area Dave wrote:

You know, now that you mention it, I do believe you might be right. Here. Try this link.
http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id 3
UA100
still nyet.
dave
Unisaw A100 wrote:

And I was thinking abvout buying a Powermatic 14"CS.....confusing...think i,ll look them all over at the woodworking show.....hmmm...

George Berlinger wrote:

George,
Does your saw look like this?
http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id 3
UA100
I saw some mention in a BS comparison that the Powermatic could only be tensioned to about half what the Delta 14" could be...
Not good for resawing if thats true.
So I installed it on Linux...
did you stay up all night dreaming that one up?
dave
David Binkowski wrote:

You really should change your addy to "Bluster Again Dave". It would be infinitely more appropriate.

Best tension achieved in the FWW No153 tests was 15000psi at 3/4" tension. Best results were achieved by the Shop Fox G9970, RIGID BS1400 and the General 90-100 M1; each achieving 15,000psi. The Jet machine came in at 10,000psi.
The Powermatic was not one of the test machines.