Powermatic bandsaw info?

Page 2 of 3
do I smell snobbery?
dave
My Old Tools wrote:

Ah. OK, which Powermatic bandsaw are we talking about then? I guess the original post didn't specify a model number. Or, is the one in the link discontinued?
Brian.
Dave (and anyone else who's seen the new saw)--
What's the model #? Can I ask where you got it? I've been googling for it, and can't find a reference to it anywhere.
Thanks,
Forrest
Bay Area Dave wrote:

Oops, my bad. You said to check out Southern Tool--I assume this is it: http://www.southern-tool.com/store/powermatic_14cs_bandsaw.html . I'd be interested in any other references anyone has, though.
Thanks,
Forrest
Forrest Chamberlain wrote:

hey! that's it! I didn't even notice it today in my haste. Good going!
CB Tools in San Jose has them as of today. They can't keep 'em in stock.
dave
Forrest Chamberlain wrote:

it is the PWBS-14. LIST is around $850 Google my earlier posts about features.
Just sweeetend it up a bit today with a fine-cutting 3/16 scroll blade. I'm in love...
dave
Forrest Chamberlain wrote:

179 CPI too!! Rotatable blades was long time coming for Dewalt, too.
I'll soon have a DW735 in my garage. :-)
Brian.

All tests should be read with skepticism, both the good and the bad reports. The vibration could be real, but it could be an assembly problem, or perhaps a bad pulley or belt. They did not try to correct it from what was printed.
Sort of like "my neighbor had a flat tire on his Ford. I'm not buying a Ford because they get flat tires." Ed
Besides, he's talking about a different saw! I just read Brian's link - it's for a $600 model 43.
dave
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Brian wrote:

Oh Brian.
Prepare yourself for a Bay Area Dave Moment.
UA100
call Southern Tool at 1-800-458-3687 to find out when they will get one. They are EXCEPTIONAL to deal with. I bought my jointer from them and found them a pleasure to do business with. They've been around a long time.
dave
Forrest Chamberlain wrote:

I have the Jet version of the exact same BS. Only difference is the Jet sells for $250 USD less. Check it out also.
HTH Rich
what are you smoking??? the Jet is NOT the same BS by any means! too many differences for me to even bother listing.
dave
Rich wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Actually Dave is right. They are all clones of the Delta only made by children in China.
UA100

Whatever gets you through the night Dave!
Rich
I did a complete tip to tail write up on mine. Here's the link.
http://owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id 3
:-)
UA100
not sure if my last post made it through.
if not: here is a paraphrase of it:
earth to Keith: that is NOT the BS in question! ROTFLMAO!
dave
Unisaw A100 wrote:

Ayup, Keeter got one of the good ones. Solid Frame not split, they run like dreams. When JET bought PM I think that was the first one they dumped from the line and replaced with a JET type.
Me, today I would buy a General of Canada solid frame bandsoar.
If I want to do serious re-saw work I would think seriously of a larger machine with true re-saw capabilities. OR a good piece of old ahrn like a WT or Cresent. Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice http://pages.sbcglobal.net/djf3rd /
for what I use it for, the new Powermatic runs like a dream too! :) not everyone needs a behemoth tool to build the next Queen Mary.
dave
Dave Fleming wrote:

<Dave Fleming> wrote in message

They called it the "JET type" because of the characteristic whine it produces in some owners...