Powermatic bandsaw info?

for what I use it for, the new Powermatic runs like a dream too! :) not everyone needs a behemoth tool to build the next Queen Mary.

dave

Dave Flem>>not sure if my last post made it through.

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

They called it the "JET type" because of the characteristic whine it produces in some owners...

Reply to
Groggy

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 01:29:15 GMT, Unisaw A100 brought forth from the murky depths:

A "bowel area dave movement" is more like it.

Please don't quote the trolls, sir.

============================================================== Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord. http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online ==============================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You know, now that you mention it, I do believe you might be right. Here. Try this link.

Unisaw A100

Dave,

Is this the saw you've got?

Unisaw A100

Ah. OK, which Powermatic bandsaw are we talking about then? I guess the original post didn't specify a model number. Or, is the one in the link discontinued?

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

179 CPI too!! Rotatable blades was long time coming for Dewalt, too.

I'll soon have a DW735 in my garage. :-)

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

perhaps Jaques will turn over a new leaf come New Years? His resolution should be to post something on-topic...sigh...

dave

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

still nyet.

dave

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I have the Jet version of the exact same BS. Only difference is the Jet sells for $250 USD less. Check it out also.

HTH Rich

Reply to
Rich

And I was thinking abvout buying a Powermatic 14"CS.....confusing...think i,ll look them all over at the woodworking show.....hmmm...

Reply to
George Berlinger

what are you smoking??? the Jet is NOT the same BS by any means! too many differences for me to even bother listing.

dave

Rich wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Damn! And here I'm trying so hard to please you.

Is this it?

Unisaw A100

George,

Does your saw look like this?

Unisaw A100

Actually Dave is right. They are all clones of the Delta only made by children in China.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Dave (and anyone else who's seen the new saw)--

What's the model #? Can I ask where you got it? I've been googling for it, and can't find a reference to it anywhere.

Thanks,

Forrest

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Reply to
Forrest Chamberlain

Oops, my bad. You said to check out Southern Tool--I assume this is it:

I'd be interested in any other references anyone has, though.

Thanks,

Forrest

Forrest Chamberla> Dave (and anyone else who's seen the new saw)--

Reply to
Forrest Chamberlain

a thousand times no.

Who said the third time is the charm??

dave

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

it is the PWBS-14. LIST is around $850 Google my earlier posts about features.

Just sweeetend it up a bit today with a fine-cutting 3/16 scroll blade. I'm in love...

dave