Powermatic bandsaw info?

Page 1 of 3
I've heard good things about the Powermatic 14" bandsaw (mostly here, actually), but can't find much info about it. Powermatic's web site doesn't mention it at all, and Amazon doesn't carry it. Can anyone point me to some info and/or places (preferably online) that are selling it?
Thanks,
Forrest
I recently read a 14" bandsaw comparison article (wish I had the link handy) which indicated that the Powermatic suffered from far more vibration that most others in its class. This alone would steer me away, personally.
The consensus favorite for the review was the Jet 14" model. I'll try to dig up the link to this article.
FWIW.
Brian.

it?
that is a TOTAL CROCK, Brian. I have one AFTER seeing a brand new unit run at the WW show. IT is smoother than the Delta. In fact it doesn't vibrate any more than a sewing machine. I'm serious. It is SWEET.
dave
Brian wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

He doesn't even own one; how the hell would he know if it vibrated or not? We all know the trouble I had with the Delta and all the tips for replacing the Delta's sheave, etc, to ATTEMPT to tame that beast. At least the few X5's I've seen aren't as bad as the 299A.
dave
Unisaw A100 wrote:

brought forth from the murky depths:

A "bowel area dave movement" is more like it.
Please don't quote the trolls, sir.
============================================================= Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord. http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online =============================================================
perhaps Jaques will turn over a new leaf come New Years? His resolution should be to post something on-topic...sigh...
dave
Unisaw A100 wrote:

OK, then its a crock. Don't shoot the messenger. Let me find that link and get back to you.... BTW, since I'm not far from the Bay Area, maybe I could check yours out in person. :-)
Brian.

geez, Brian, I don't think I was "shooting the messenger"! I didn't call you names did I? Did I insult you? Didn't mean too, just by saying that the article about vibration was a 'crock'.
where city are you in?
dave
Brian wrote:

Here's the quote: "The only one that had a problem with vibration was the Powermatic. With this saw, the nuts that held the stand together vibrated loose. And the table rattled and shook when I made a bevel cut."
And the link: http://www.woodnet.net/toolreviews/bsaw_rev.html
Now, with the vibration "issue" aside, it doesn't sound like they disliked the Powermatic per se, but that the Powermatic didn't shine above the rest...
Brian.

that's anecdotal and just plain silly. The saw is phenomenal. Trust me, I'm one of the "picky" ones. Plenty of folks can vouch for my persnicketyness. Google my complaints about the PC557 if you don't think I notice every little thing...and that's just for starters. :)
dave
Brian wrote:

Be that as it may, and I don't doubt that is, the article is an interesting read and would be interested in your constructive comments on the things it points out. :-)
Brian.
where again is the article? I'd be curious to see it! I hated the Delta I had, even though LOTS of guys like theirs, and I can't fathom how anyone seeing and using the new Powermatic could not like it far better than the Delta. I realize that's my opinion, but this is a NEW tool, that not many guys have seen yet. When they do they are gonna wish they didn't have the Delta. Just like I wish I didn't have a 733 planer, now that the 735 is out. That is a dynamite planer. I've seen it in action, and have peered under the hood. Blade changes are easier, 3 cutters, double sided, yeah, baby!
dave
Brian wrote:

Here it is, again. Give it a read. http://www.woodnet.net/toolreviews/bsaw_rev.html

interesting
it
Brian! That's a different saw! That's not the one I have. First Keith; now you! You guys are talking ancient history.
dave
Brian wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Dave,
Is this the saw you've got?
http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id 3
UA100
Nope.
Unisaw A100 wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Damn! And here I'm trying so hard to please you.
Is this it?
http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id 3
UA100
a thousand times no.
Who said the third time is the charm??
dave
Unisaw A100 wrote:

Give up, they're talking about imports, not American iron.
--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com