Powermatic bandsaw

Bought a 14" Powermatic bandsaw at the Novi, Mi. woodworking show in Nov. ..forgot the date......ok...they said 6 weeks to get it.....well, that took closer to 10 weeks.Anyway, Took delivery ( I picked it up at the local tool store in the back of my pick-up....2 large boxes, no big deal). After assembling it, I find out that there is no tension handle in the boxes or hardware for it. Well, after 3 months of nagging the dealer, the supplier, Tawain....I finally get the last piece,( the locating block for the tension arm)..... They told me all kinds of stories about why I wasn,t getting the part......the dealer did his best, it was the factory..... The sad part is the bandsaw works great.....but I,ll be damned if I buy another Powermatic part now that Jet owns them. Maybe later on I,ll feel different, but right now they suck............

Reply to
George Berlinger

think of your problems with the saw as water under the bridge. Now it's time to enjoy the saw! :)

dave

George Berl> Bought a 14" Powermatic bandsaw at the Novi, Mi. woodworking show in Nov.

Reply to
Bay Area Dave