Powermatic 54A Mobile Base ?

Anyone have this jointer on a mobile base ? If so, which one did you pick ?
jim
I bought my 54a with the factory mobile base. Its designed to exactly fit the base and is welded steel. Its worked out quite well. I expecially like the simple but highly effective stops on the rear wheels. Jointing is an operation that exerts side forces on the base. A base that works for a drill press or planer may not work for a jointer. The worse thing in the world is to have your base move on you while jointing. The powermatic factory base does not budge.
Bob
The one made for it.
Dave
Jim Bailey wrote:

David Wrote:

What he said. To
-- tomeshew

I have a 6" Yorkcraft jointer on a Harbor Freight base. I did this for two reasons:
1. When I got the jointer, I was still developing work flow techniques and I hadn't settled on the jointer's final location. It's too heavy to move without wheels.
2. I expect that once in about four blue moons I'll have to move the jointer to deal with an extremely long board.
The mobile base is pretty flimsy. It's hard to move the jointer. If I had to move the jointer often, I'd replace it with something more substantial, either purchased or home built. Currently, my jointer stays in one place and, with the feet on the mobile base adjusted right, the base is stiff enough for my needs.
Bill Leonhardt
ps I also have a Harbor Freight base on a small drill press (table top with steel stand), which I have to move more often. Again, the base is too flimsy and I'm considering building a better one.
I was literally sitting down to order one now and decided on the Powermatic model over the HTC for the exact same reasons given here.
Bruce