Power tool moment in Transformers Movie

Almost fell out of my seat laughing when one of the women in the Transformers movie chopped up one of the bad guys with a Sawzall (well, it was actually a cordless deWalt, but that didn't detract from the moment).
The robot fights could have been better though--they were happening so fast that all that one saw was a blur in most of them.
--John

Was that movie any good?

My 17 year old daughter loved it. Greg
Wife and I went to see it on the 3rd, best movie we have seen in a while. Action sequences were good, special effects were excellent and there actually was a good story line.

Good to hear, my 19 year old son works PT for a Chevrolet dealer and a lot of the Emp's saw the movie a few weeks ago as a special preview. They said it was good, but they had to say that. ;~)
He wanted to go too but I was afraid it may be aimed at a younger crowd.

24V model IIRC. Took the boys to see the movie yesterday. I remember thinking that if it was a real deWally the girl was waay strong. Swung that thing like a light saber. :)

Agreed, although the boys didn't. I guess that's a benefit of having an the attention span of a 9YO rather than 50.

I'd give it a 3.5/4. Some good subplots, some good performances among the human "costars", and a lot of little "homages" scenes interspersed among the main "action" scenes.
Only disturbing thing for me was the female star. I know she's probably a twenty-something actress playing a 17YO, and she's definitely not my "type" but for the first time in a coupla decades I felt like a dirty old man. ;)
Definitely recommend it, even though I was in my 30s when the toys/TV shows came out and consequently too old for it.
Marc
I'm 43 and I enjoyed it without feeling to much like a nerd

Cool.
Doug Goulden wrote:

Was walking out of Home Despot today in my riding suit and some guy in his late '40s told me I looked like a Transformer.
I'm ten years older than you are and enjoyed it without feeling like a nerd. But I enjoyed Ratatouille too--one of these days I'm going to have to grow up.

--John