Power Tool based Haunted House

Someone was talking at work today about haunted houses and how the first thing her kids encountered was nearby sound of a chainsaw being started up.
That made me wonder if you couldn't put together a whole Haunted House based on woodworking powertools..or handtools for that matter. I can sort of imagine a bunch of woodworkers, with their safety glasses and ear protection, decked out in flannel and wielding a whole assortment of dangerous tools--routers, hand planers, all varieties of saws--in their blood-spattered shop aprons.
Someone ought to do this. It's probably too much to ask to have some tool company sponsor it. The last room of the could be a serious lecture about how useful power tools for woodworking when they are used correctly.
Ok, that last part is purely gratuitous.
On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:55:22 -0700, bfilipczak wrote:

You would need a lot of RAS, apparently.
basilisk

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:55:22 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

woodworking powertools..or handtools for that matter. I can sort of imagine a bunch of woodworkers, with their safety glasses and ear protection, decked out in flannel and wielding a whole assortment of dangerous tools--routers, hand planers, all varieties of saws--in their blood-spattered shop aprons. Stick a big screen TV in the window with a horror movie on it and a speaker outside. Texas Chain Saw Massacre comes to mind of perhaps one of the Saw movies.
Or perhaps download a collection of Youtube horror videos that use tools of some type. Stick them on a DVD and run them on the TV in the window. Bet if you ran them you'd be a popular destination, especially it you ran them during Halloween.

on woodworking powertools..or handtools for that matter. I can sort of imagine a bunch of woodworkers, with their safety glasses and ear protection, decked out in flannel and wielding a whole assortment of dangerous tools--routers, hand planers, all varieties of saws--in their blood-spattered shop aprons.

company sponsor it. The last room of the could be a serious lecture about how useful power tools for woodworking when they are used correctly.

face on it. Our rear yard had reverted to nature over a busy summer (and spring). On Saturday I rented a Husqvarna gas-powered trimmer with a blade that looked almost exactly like a Ninja throwing star. It was ten inches in diameter, made of 1/4" steel, and had three sharpened points.
The trimmer was heavy and thus came with a harness that I had to wear to support it. The back of the harness had a bright yellow plastic sign warning people to keep back 50 feet. It had two handles spaced 2 feet apart on a crossbar that looked like bicycle handlebars, these to allow you to sweep the carnage from side to side.
This was one exceptionally vicious looking tool, and made short work of the extreme overgrowth. A yard cleaned up for us, a one-hour ecological apocalypse for whatever was living in there.
This tool would have to be a featured attraction in your Haunted House. Did I mention that it also takes a circular saw blade?
On 10/17/2012 8:55 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

The tool to be used/worn by an NFL running back in the 2050 Hunger Games ... ;)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Yeah, for use on other contestants who -didn't- reach the .45 pistols, MP5 carbines, flame throwers, RPGs, or bows 'n arrows first.
-- To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves... We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our best and learn the most in the new situation. Peter McWilliams, Life 101

on woodworking powertools..or handtools for that matter. I can sort of imagine a bunch of woodworkers, with their safety glasses and ear protection, decked out in flannel and wielding a whole assortment of dangerous tools--routers, hand planers, all varieties of saws--in their blood-spattered shop aprons.

company sponsor it. The last room of the could be a serious lecture about how useful power tools for woodworking when they are used correctly.

Those are on all new harnesses, thanks to some fine atty somewhere.

Quick, now spray all of it with glyphosate and cover it with landscape fabric (4'x220' Scotts at Homey'sDespot for $46) and 3-5" of mulch. Next spring, replant what you like and don't worry much about weeds in the future. I just replaced a lawn that way.

YEAH, throw the non-payers into it to make more juice and gore for the rest of the show! (Kids: don't try this at home.)
-- To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves... We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our best and learn the most in the new situation. Peter McWilliams, Life 101
On 10/17/2012 11:52 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

In this case it doesn't seem excessive. I wore goggles, but I really should have had a face shield. I had at least one small object sting my cheek. And I was extra careful around the (galvanized) fenceposts. Had I hit one with that blade it might have torn a rift in the fabric of the space-time. What's more, it *looks* like a slightly over-spec string trimmer, so people might feel they can come nearer than they should.
I didn't really read the rental agreement. I'll bet there are some industrial strength disavowals of liability in there.

Had to look that up. Yes, I have Round-Up at home.

Another area of ignorance for me. Are you saying that I would plant grass, say, over the mulch and paper? Seems odd. Maybe you mean to pull up the paper first? That sounds odd too, what with all of the (by Spring) matted mulch on top. Could you flesh it out a little, in small words? :)

Yeah, I use my neighbor's mesh face shield and earmuff combo when I work for him. They're on my to-buy list for next year. Those little stones and twigs can scar your face up right quick, can't they?

Oh, yeah. Half a page worth in 0.0002-point type.

Just don't buy it from Mons(ter)anto.

I'm sorry. I took you for a sane individual. Sane people don't plant grass, they kill it _With_Extreme_Prejudice_, IMHO. ;)
I thought you were talking about garden planting beds, not an existing l*wn.
Get a copy of this book. Maybe your sanity will return. http://tinyurl.com/cdukh7z The Wild Lawn Handbook
-- To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves... We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our best and learn the most in the new situation. Peter McWilliams, Life 101
On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 23:22:45 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Stihl also makes one with out the hard hat which is nice in hot weather when nothing is likely to fall on your head.
Mike M
On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 06:39:38 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

These also have the mesh face shield.