Power cord clips

Page 1 of 2
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and temporarily clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist?
A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

"Puckdropper" wrote:

--------------------------------- Duct Tape.
Lew

Good suggestions, and they led me to think about those white plastic cable twists. I guess a brand name is Kurly Lock, but I'm not sure what the generic name is. Zip tie one of those to the hose, then drop the cord in there and give it half a turn.
I'll have to see if I can find a reasonable quantity somewhere for a reasonable price. (Some company is selling 1000 packs on Amazon, I only need 2 or 3.)
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Puckdropper wrote:

pipe cleaner?
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 12/1/2011 1:42 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

Velcro ties. They are strips maybe 6" long with the "hooks" on one side and the "loops" on the other. Convenient for many things.
On 12/1/2011 7:06 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

These, for instance:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)

Only for sub-2" hose.
-- Intuition isn't the enemy, but the ally, of reason. -- John Kord Lagemann
On 12/1/2011 10:37 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

That was a quick illustration. Similar products are available in longer lengths. In music stores, even. We mu-gicians can't have our cables all tangled.
On 12/1/2011 10:59 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Oh, and it's not much trouble to extend them by using more than one. The ones I have came on a roll.

Yeah, you guys have enough trouble just getting the notes out right. <gd&r>

My thoughts exactly. 'Tis a great price for that much velcro.
-- Intuition isn't the enemy, but the ally, of reason. -- John Kord Lagemann
On 12/1/2011 3:32 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

When you're good, there are no wrong notes. It's *art*, man.
I've used #14 or #12 insulated wire from Romex cut-offs, for years. Pull out the separate black and white (or red) wire and cut to length.
I do one of two things. 1. Twist a long corkscrew around the cable to attach it, leaving enough pigtail to wrap around the coiled up cable. 2. Cut a piece long enough to warp around the coiled cable about 1-1/2 times. It's strong enough to hold on its own without twisting together like twist-ties, and just weak enough to be undone easily with your fingers.
--

-MIKE-

That sounds like a good idea. The heavier wire won't mash and stick like the twist ties do, and a twist or two is the kind of ease of use I'm looking for.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Even if only to the musicalician? <hic>
-- Intuition isn't the enemy, but the ally, of reason. -- John Kord Lagemann
On 01 Dec 2011 06:42:28 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:>When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and temporarily

If a twist tie is too difficult, yershitouttaluck,yalazyarse. ;)
Also taking roughly 1 second to install (and of equal difficulty to twist ties) is double-sided velcro. http://goo.gl/ahjA3
Or talk to a vacuum repairman. Some cannister vacuums have those clips specially made to hold the cord to the tube on their upright sweeper wands. Expect to pay five bucks apiece for 'em, though, if your hose size is the same.
(I can just see Pucky comparing his hose to the vacuum repairman's.)
-- Intuition isn't the enemy, but the ally, of reason. -- John Kord Lagemann
On 12/1/2011 12:42 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

I have found - at Frye's Electronics and elsewhere - rolls of 1/2" and 3/4" Velco-like material. Cut off what you want and wrap the two together. When done, pull it off and no sticky residue, etc.
The actual Velco material in the same form has the true hook on one side and fuzzies on the other and holds tight like you wouldn't believe. Wound up buying it to keep lengths of heavy duty (10/4 power cord)neat and tidy. Works like a charm
Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:

(Amazon.com product link shortened) />/
scott
On 12/1/2011 12:42 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

Adhere rare earth magnets to each
On 12/1/2011 12:42 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

HD has a variety of plastic (orange, of course) cord gatherers. They are like a single handcuff and come in a variety of size. The small ones are about a buck each.