Postin pictures...how

What is the best way to allow you guys to see pictures. I took some last night of this old craftsman jointer along with the cutterhead.

Reply to
stryped

Do you EVER think to use Google to find the answer to a question before you post? This same question has been asked -- and answered -- here MANY times.

Hint: do you remember how you posted the picture of your knife drawer earlier this year?

Reply to
Doug Miller

What he said plus you don't post them to this group. They go in the binaries group that was established for the purpose of posting woodworking pictures.

BTW, a good newsreader has the ability to do what you want to do.

Reply to
George Max

Reply to
stryped

go to

and read about Agent

Reply to
George Max

What difference does that make?

Same way you post here.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Same way you post here BUT you attach the picture to your message. Read the help for your specific mail program on how to attach files.

It's a simple process - just try to keep the image size down - Microsoft has a free image resizer you can download - use Google to find it.

hth, Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

He is using google groups.... can't post to binaries using that.

Reply to
Locutus

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Get them published in the next issue of ShopNotes. Then Krusty the Klown will post them several times in abpw for you.

Reply to
Chuck Taylor

Then he should be _thoroughly_ familiar with the concept of _reading_ Google groups to find out how to do what he wants.

There have been many discussions here of the advantages and disadvantages of various news clients and servers, and where and how to post binaries.

Shouldn't take much effort to find them.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Ignoring the (off-topic) FAQ aspect of the question addressed by others, for what purpose may I ask? You already posted a link to the manual that has both pictures and drawings and I think we've pretty much beat this sucker to death...

What else is there possibly to ask or look at that hasn't already been discussed ad nauseum and for which there isn't a drawing or picture already available?

Plus, I've already noted I owned one of these in the past so what I've pointed out is based on "hands-on" already. The only difference at all is that at first I had forgotten this was the one w/o the depth-adjusting screws on the cutterhead, but that's certainly an almost trivial detail--either they're there or they're not. (Of course, the ease of adjusting is more than a trivial difference, but pictures don't help to solve that, it isn't going to grow them unless you were to adapt the cutterhead yourself).

Reply to
dpb