Post Office mailbox door banks.

Anyone making any of these out there in woodworking land?? I bought a milk crate full of the doors at an estate sale and would love to turn them into something cool. They aren't real old. I think they're marked "1971" or around there. I've seen coin banks made from them, but can't find a good pattern. The best one I've seen was made like a safe; sorta' up on small feet like an older style western bank safe. It was even painted like a safe.

Reply to
Scott Jackson

Rockler has free plans for a mail truck that uses them:

Frank Campbell

See if you can find a copy of the first issue of Woodcraft Magazine. That was their very first project, the one featured on the cover.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Hi Scott...

It's your lucky day. As Lee pointed out, making these banks was the cover story of our first issue. The entire article is posted here:

on the above page, scroll down. The P.O. Box Bank project is the

4th article from the bottom of the list.

If you do make one, send me a hi-res photo, and if the photo's good enough for print, I'll put it in the "Show Off" gallery section of the magazine.

A.J.

Reply to
A.J. Hamler