Post Fasteners

I've got several bookshelves and I'd like to bind them together. I'm thinking about using post fasteners and was trying to find some online. The local stores in my area do keep many of the size I need in stock.
The vertical component of the shelves are about 1 inch wide, so the post fasteners need to be about 2 inches.
Any ideas? I've seen lots for paper/book binding, but not for woodworking.
thanks
http://www.roladel.com/polychicago.htm
Steve, Surprisingly I've actually seen them in HD in different finishes but don't recall what lengths they had. Gene

I've used something similar. Try Jantz Supply (knife making supplies) http://www.jantzsupply.com/index.html and do a product search for rivets and screws. Look at the acorn screws and corbys.

Try a search for connector bolt.
http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?page 299%20&cookietest=1
Steve P wrote: