Possible Stupid Question

Page 2 of 2

Leon wrote:

reference to Microsoft. Of course, I could have missed it in the 20+ pages of matches. To add to the confusion there is a company named "Borg" hyphen something which is the parent company one or more lumber yard chains.
As a fan of ST:TNG, I knew what Borg was in that reference. Not the first time fictional terms (esp. science fiction) have entered common usage. SWMBO comes to mind.
Jess.S
Jesse R Strawbridge wrote:

SWMBO is a reference from fiction, but that sure wasn't science fiction....
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Jess.S
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

manipulate things from the Heinlein story of the same name.
Jess.S
Jesse R Strawbridge wrote:

modifiers to make it clear which borg you are referring to:
blue borg - Lowes orange borg - HD wall borg - Wall-Mart etc.
    mahalo,     jo4hn

I find the term offensive, for obvious reasons....
Why, are you a cyborg?

In ST:TNG, "Locutus" was the identity given to Capt. Picard after he was assimilated by the Borg.
todd

Actually.... ;)
:)

You must have some damn good local hardware stores. I was at the hardware store for a bolt or screw and decided to check on the price of a drill bit I needed. I decided at two or three times the price of the BORG I could wait until my next trip to the BORG.
Another time I wanted a 12" abrasive blade. $15 at the hardware store and $5 at the BORG.
The local hardware store is good for nuts and bolts and that is about it.
Brian Elfert

Funny, I just bought an empty paint can at the local hardware store for $1.85. Lowes has the same thing for $4.50. I've learned to never assume the big boxes are cheaper. Usually they are, but often not enough to bother traveling the extra few miles.