Possible scroll saw gloat-- Jet 20"anyone?

Not sure if this is gloat-worthy or not, but it made my afternoon regardless: today I picked up a Jet JSS-20VS variable speed scroll saw at the local pawn shop for $79. The kicker is that it was brand new-- no box, but the saw had never been fully assembled and all the parts were still in the original packaging, cord still factory wrapped, etc. The odd thing is that near as I can tell Jet discontinued this saw years ago; the owners manual has a July 1993 issue date on the cover. It must have been sitting in someone's garage for a long time.

I put the saw together and made a few cuts. I'm not a scroll saw person, have only used low-end ones before, but for my purposes (guitar building, i.e. cutting f-holes, etc.) it looks to be perfect. Very low vibration, good air flow, large table. Certainly the best $79 tool I've purchased in a long time, and made my monthly peek into the pawn shop once again worthwhile.

Anyone have or know anything about these Jet saws?

Regards,

Kiwanda

Reply to
Kiwanda

Sounds like a good deal to me. For information on the saw, you might want to call Jet service. They have an 800 number.

Reply to
CW

replying to Kiwanda, Georgette Kanach wrote: Do you still have this saw? I bought one at a yard sale but would love a copy of the owners manual.

Reply to
Georgette Kanach