Possible gloat available to all

Folks, While at my local Woodcraft last night, I found a router bit sale. Woodcraft is trying to get more people to try their house brand router bits.

They have 8-10 profiles, all with 1/2" shank, on sale for $5 per bit!

All of the bits on sale, including roundovers, ogees, flush trim, chamfer, are actually profiles most would use on a regular basis. Many of the sale bits are bearing guided bits. I have other Woodcraft brand bits and I've been happy with them. The sale ends October 31.

I am customer of Woodcraft, with no other connection to them.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

The real Gloat is Weather or not you have a woodcraft near you.

Reply to
Young Carpenter

My Woodcraft is a little over an hour away and it still costs me too much. Good thing I don't have a Rockler nearby too.

:-o

I will pass on the tip about the router bits to a coworker. Always glad to help others spend money!

Robert

wrote

Reply to
2manytoyz

I picked up a half dozen 1/2" shaft bits last week for use with my $100 BORG clearance router. All I had before were 1/4" shaft. The wreck is a love hate thing with me, I love finding all these great deals through it, but hate spending the money :-)

Reply to
Donnie Vazquez

I had to travel to Jacksonville last week and went to the new Woodcraft store the day after their grand opening. They had one single bit left.

I had to go to Orlando the next day. That store had plenty of them. I also bought the house brand tenoning jig. Can't wait to get into the garage this weekend.

Dick Durbin Tallahassee

Reply to
Dick Durbin

Ain't nothin' wrong with 1/4" shaft bits if you use them the way God intended. Push a less than 1/2" bit, even with a 1/2" shaft, and it will act like a 1/4" bit that was pushed. The only bits I've broken have been

1/2" shaft bits when the bit diameter was less than 1/2". Needless to say it was my fault (usually pushed it to hard). The bits always broke at the point they were necked down. What router did you buy at the BORG? Coupla three weeks ago I bought the Ryobi 2HP Vs router for 99USD. One of the other subs on this restoration job I was working on had one and I tried it. It seemed like a great router for the money. I bought it and then tried to find template guides to fit it, but no luck. I've made a lot of special purpose base plates and jigs for my routers and didn't want to start another set. Took it back and bought the PC 693Vs combo set from Amazon. Just about all my stuff fit ('specially the jigs) got to drill a few more holes in the base plates though. Got the combo for 199USD with a very nice edge guide and a 25USD rebate. A hunnert bucks more, but I don't have ta start over. For a basic router, the Ryobi impressed me. Hank
Reply to
Henry St.Pierre

Ryobi was the same as Craftsman so parts should be interchangeable if they are available. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

i stopped by yesterday. they had one 1/4 straight bit, and 3 90 degree V's in stock. but, the salesman was nice enough to hold the price for me when they get more. so i happily ordered up on hold:

1 1/4 D 3/4 CD straight bit 3 1/2 D 1 CD straight bit 2 1/4 round overs 2 rabbet bits i'm thinking of calling them and adding the an ogee a flush trim, and a 90 V while im at it for dowel rod holder jigs. hell probably 2 chamfers too. at 5 bucks a bit, i figure i can toss em when they get dull, or not feel too bad when i try my hand at sharpening them. router candy, gotta love it. i haven't tested any of the bits yet.

sadly, the impulse buy in me got their align it deluxe kit instead of the basic one i had told myself i was going to get. add that to the bits, and the new fence is going to have to wait another month i guess....

-danny

Reply to
bummster

Porter-Cable 8529 plunge.