Possible gloat

I had been keeping my eye out for a used jointer, all I had found were the bold Craftsman benchtop ones with a stand from the 80's. So I had started to look at new and possibly getting the HF as a temp solution. My fathers work (freight auction) came up with a Rigid 6" for $216. $3 cheaper then the HF, I only know one friend who has this one, and he has barely used it, buy likes it. Was this a good buy for a start, (went from a 4 1/8 inch freebe, wanting an 8" but not enough power yet)?

If it is good condition it is a reasonable price, but not a gloat; sorry.

inch
Its a good, fair price. I don't know if I would call it a gloat. When you get it as surplus or used, I think you give up a 3 year warranty, thus the much lower price.
Bob
Randal wrote:

Picked it up today, Still sealed, new in the box, no damage. I'm a happy camper.

This is the one that sells for $400? I'd offer it up for approval of the Board of Gloatness.