Possible Delta DJ20 problems

Hi guys,
I just got a DJ20 and finished setting it up. Is the fence supposed to be parallel with the table? When I stand back and look at the jointer lengthways I can see that the fence is not parallel to the table. When I lock the fence in position............I measure from one end of the fence to the edge of the table and I will have 2" and at the other end of the fence I will have 2 3/8" to the edge of the table. Is this normal? I can't see anything that I can adjust. Regards. -Guy
Guy LaRochelle wrote:

I just looked at mine and it's not exactly parallel with the right edge(looking lengthwise from the feed side) but a lot closer than 3/8". It's never been a problem though I've never used the rabbiting feature which is the only thing I could see it being a problem with. Check to see if it's perpendicular with the cutting edge as the table does have some variation in the casting.
Gary
I shimmed mine parallel to the rabbeting ledge using lead foil. IIRC I was out about 1/8.

Do you mean that you shimed 1/8" or was the fence out by 1/8" from end to end? Regards. -Guy

be
fence
fence
The fence was off about 1/8". The shims were a little less than 1/64" thick.