Portland, OR drum or wide-belt sander owners??

Hi all--

I'm hoping that there's some kind soul in the Portland/Vancouver area who can help me out. I picked up some used maple bench slabs that I want to use as a desktop/countertop in my den (which I've just finished building the cabinets for). The slabs are a little rough, so I was hoping there was someone out there with drum or wide belt sander (24" capacity) that I could rent/borrow some time on to freshen (and level) these babies up. I tried ripping one into

12" sections and running them through my planer, but the grain goes every-which-way in these laminated slabs, and I got wicked tearout, with sharp blades & wetting the wood before running it through. That one will go into the shop.

C'mon...there's gotta be somebody out there...Please???

--Greg

-------------------------------------------------------------- Greg Mikol

This email address is registered with the Washington State Attorney General's office and WAISP.

Unsolicited Commercial Email sent to this address in violation of RCW 19.190.020 is subject to civil penalties of $500 per offense.

Reply to
Greg

Around here, lumberyards will do it for maybe $25.

Reply to
toller

Just in case you don't find what you're looking for online, call the local hardwoods suppliers. It's not uncommon for them to rent time on wide belt sanders. Mine rents theirs out for $1/minute.

Brian.

rent/borrow

Reply to
Brian