Porter Cable Plate Jointer

Yesterday I just happened to stop in my local HD. I went walking through the tools department and was looking a the Porter Cable plate jointer.
I noticed that it is now Type 3. I own a Type 2 what is the difference? I know about the Type 1 to Type 2, but what changed in Type 3?
Bill
IIRC the Type 3 makes the fence work more like Type 1 and fixed the fence problem that the Type 2 had.

Does anyone know how they settled the legal issue with DeWalt that caused the switch to the intentionally flawed Type II to begin with?

I would guess, that they settled that issue with DeWalt by coming out with the spur of the moment Type 2. I suspect the Type 3 does not infringe on the DeWalt patent.

From everything I've seen and read Leon, you're spot on in both of your replies.
Linked from Bernie Hunt's site <http://www.huntfamily.com/pc557.cfm is the following press release from B&D/DeWalt on the successful outcome of the infringement suit: