Porter Cable Plate Jointer

Yesterday I just happened to stop in my local HD. I went walking through the tools department and was looking a the Porter Cable plate jointer.

I noticed that it is now Type 3. I own a Type 2 what is the difference? I know about the Type 1 to Type 2, but what changed in Type 3?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Davis Jr

IIRC the Type 3 makes the fence work more like Type 1 and fixed the fence problem that the Type 2 had.

Reply to
Leon

Does anyone know how they settled the legal issue with DeWalt that caused the switch to the intentionally flawed Type II to begin with?

Reply to
BIG JOE

I would guess, that they settled that issue with DeWalt by coming out with the spur of the moment Type 2. I suspect the Type 3 does not infringe on the DeWalt patent.

Reply to
Leon

From everything I've seen and read Leon, you're spot on in both of your replies.

Linked from Bernie Hunt's site is the following press release from B&D/DeWalt on the successful outcome of the infringement suit:

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC