Porter Cable Pancake Compreesor

Mine has quit shutting off, so it builds pressure blows the valve and keeps on running.
So now the question anyone had similar problem? Did you have PC fix it, if so what was the cost, or should I just buy a new one?
On 4/14/2014 6:50 PM, Markem wrote:

I would think a universal pressure switch would be readily available.
On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 20:25:44 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

"dirt" cheap is often truer than you think. Make sure the mechaism of the switch isn't packed full of shop dust. I've seen several (not necessarilly PC, but PC doesn't make their own pressure switch anyway) that just needed a good blowing out to restore function.
On 4/14/2014 7:50 PM, Markem wrote:

There should be a switch you can adjust with a screw driver, or wrench.. There is a spring loading, you just loosen the screw to lower the cutoff pressure. That's how they all work.
--
Jeff

You just need to work faster so it never builds that much pressure.

If I hook it up to impact wrench that will work, just have to get a good rhythm going between nails.
Actually an assembly is available from PC at $31 including shipping, but might try adjusting it first as someone suggested.
Mark
On 4/14/2014 7:50 PM, Markem wrote:

Same problem....
Repair shops tell me they are a real p.o.s.
Pat Barber wrote:

So, what is the recommended replacement?
Generic pressure control valve. Available at electrical supply houses, online, in catalogs, northern supply, maybe even lows. Just look for them. Screw right on.
--
Jim in NC