Porter Cable Palm Nailer

Just had to tell someone . . . In the process of wiring my shop with a receptacle of some voltage on every stud, I found a great use for a Porter Cable PN650. Putting up electrical boxes . . . This thing is very controllable . . . I have only used the common nail attachment so far . . But I must say I am impressed. I originally bought it to do all my Simpson wind straps and joist hangers . . . Got it open started playing with it & realized it was very easy to control . . . did not crack or warp one bakelite/plastic box . . . Installed 58 of them . . . .

Steve

Reply to
Steve DeMars

The Steve DeMars entity posted thusly:

I don't know what I did before I picked one of these up. I chose the Porter Cable because the lower cost Stanley did not have (or at least they said they didn't have) variable drive depth. I used it to put vinyl siding on the garage, and every nail is perfectly proud of the vinyl. I did have to add another washer to get it right, but it worked beautifully.

It's a great thing to have when driving 6-inch ring nails (pole barn nails), too. No more aching arms from the hammer.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

They will also drive the hell out of those VERY long 6" "nails" used for landscaping timbers. One of my very favorite tools.

Oleg Lego wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber