Porter Cable joiner on sale @ Lowe's

FYI:

I went to the local Lowe's to pick up the PC 557 joiner $199; knowing I was going to pay more to buy local. Much to my surpise a rebate form printed with the receipt. $30 mail in rebate from Delta. Not a lot, but every bit counts.

I did not see this advertised anywhere online or in the store. It was also good on other Delta products, some up to $50 rebate.

I believe the rebate is valid until 1/1/04.

dave

Reply to
Dave

Dave,

Lowe's seems to be having a "secret sale" of some sorts. I just ordered the new DW735 13" plane @ $449 from them . There is a $100 tool bonus rebate supposedly offered with it. (see store for details) was the line in their ad from a couple weeks back. Of course, this offer is _so_ secret the help is unaware of it. Someone at customer service desk did some calling and found out the details and obtained the proper form.

I thought the whole idea of a sale or rebate was to let your customer base know of the sale/offer and then sell some merchandise when those buyers come charging in. But then, I have no MBA and have been out of retailing for over 25 years so things may have changed. Perhaps keeping the details of a sale from the public and your staff somehow generates more sales? I don't see how but if that _is_ the case, I am sure glad I am not in advertising these days!

I can't help but wonder what other great buys they have right now. (which we are totally unaware of)

Enjoy your joiner!

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ

I have learned to check all my Lowes receipts as quite often products that I have purchased have a rebate on them. Always a surprise.

Reply to
Leon