Porter Cable cordless router

Has anyone tried one of these? Is it worth the money?

Thanks,

S.

Reply to
samson

pat

The guys in The Router Workshop have at least one with at least 2 batteries. Every now and then, the router would run out of power during a cut. So, they just popped the dead battery off and put on a live one. I have wondered about the smoothness of cut that a router that must be way underpowered will yield.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

It would probably cut better than the Craftsman Professional router I ebay'ed when I bought a real router. I liked the idea since I have a small garage/shop I tend to carry things out to the back yard and lay them on the picnic table so the cordless tools work well there. Doesn't seem to be a current selling product though.

Reply to
Eugene

If you really can't have AC power? Yes.

All the rest of the time? No.

Look at the tried and true performance, as well as features, that you can get for the same money with a cord.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I own one ... if you don't have a real need, don't bother. If you do, it does the job handsomely.

Reply to
Swingman