Porter Cable cordless router

Has anyone tried one of these? Is it worth the money?
Thanks,
S.
Do not expect 690 performance nor excellence on any inside cut. Do expect light duty work for short periods where there is no way to get power. Worth it? Perhaps, but if you have power at your side: Maybe not. More on routers? See http://www.patwarner.com ********************************************** samson wrote:

Every now and then, the router would run out of power during a cut. So, they just popped the dead battery off and put on a live one. I have wondered about the smoothness of cut that a router that must be way underpowered will yield.
Jim
At that voltage, there is no reason that that router would have to be any less powerfull than a 690 other than battery life. bably kept to a lower current draw just to make it last a while. Couldn't be to low powered though, the way the guys on the Router Workshop like to horse routers around, if it was to underpowered, they would stall them. In any case, if it develops more that 1/4 horse, it should cut just fine. I really don't see the need though.

Jim wrote:

It would probably cut better than the Craftsman Professional router I ebay'ed when I bought a real router. I liked the idea since I have a small garage/shop I tend to carry things out to the back yard and lay them on the picnic table so the cordless tools work well there. Doesn't seem to be a current selling product though.

If you really can't have AC power? Yes.
All the rest of the time? No.
Look at the tried and true performance, as well as features, that you can get for the same money with a cord.
"samson" wrote in message

I own one ... if you don't have a real need, don't bother. If you do, it does the job handsomely.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/25/06