Porter Cable choo-choo go bye-bye?

Has the PC 504/503 gone away? What is up with that?
Has PC lost their minds?
R. Pierce Butler wrote:
> Has the PC 504/503 gone away? What is up with that? > > Has PC lost their minds?
I just sent an e-mail to P/C asking that very question.
Sounds like some bean counter struck again.
Lew

Just about the time when I can afford to buy one they discontinue the thing. If I had any smarts I would buy the rights and all remaining production parts to the sander and make some.
R. Pierce Butler wrote:

I just went to their site yesterday to look up my CMS I bought a year ago because the switch for the laser is bad and they don't have it any longer.
Maybe they are dropping products that their other brand(s) make.
R. Pierce Butler wrote:

I agree that these belts sanders are heavy duty work horses. I have sold Porter-Cable tools for over 25 years! I have won numerous awards for sales volumn with selling Porter-Cable products. I have sold 1000's of tools. In my career......I have sold two of the "Loco-belt sanders". That is why PC is droping the unit, just not enough sales!
Mike
R. Pierce Butler wrote:

P/C confirms it is history.
Time to find another manufacturer.
IMHO, the entire line of P/C belt sanders now falls into the group known as POS.
I wouldn't hit a dead dog in the rear end with any of their existing belt sander product line.
Lew

Let me know if you find something that comes close. I am willing to bet that you won't.
R. Pierce Butler wrote:
> Let me know if you find something that comes close. I am willing to bet > that you won't.
So far have had to buy 2 to keep 1.
They almost got the 2nd one.
If they do, won't replace it since I won't be doing any tops in the near future.
Lew

I have a 362 that I'm very satisfied with.
--
J.C.

$500.00 is a bit steep for the average guy. I guess I will have to hit ebay for a used one.