Porter Cable Brad Nailer problems

Model BN200A.
Gun shoots EXACTLY every other time. I keep it oiled and am using 2" Porter Cable brand brads. I lost the nose cushion, could that create a problem? Total usage is maybe 3 clips of nails, but, it is way out of warranty.
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks, Ivan Vegvary

Sometimes my nailers (regardless if size) will do that. It has been something in the feed mechanism exactly one time, and off sized fasteners all the rest.
Make sure your feed mechanism is very clean and that the ways on the magazine are as well. Try another brand or batch of brads and I'll bet your problems will go away.
Unless I am concerned that I am buying nothing but trash, I don't pay that much attention to brand names anymore, especially one like Porter Cable. They all use jobbers to make their products and almost all of those consumables come out of the same place with a different label.
Robert

turn up the air pressure. you are running just low enough that the gun doesn't have enough pressure left after the nail to complete the return stroke.

Excellent point. I have seen that happen, not to me of course, someone in my garage using my gun. ;~)

Thanks everybody!! Turning up the pressure solved the problem.
Ivan Vegvary