Porter Cable BN125a problem!!!

My nailer depth adjustment is somehow out of callibration. I can only adjust the nailing depth from about 1/8" exposed to 1/32" exposed. It has been like this since I got it. I have plenty of air pressure. I'm in a commercial shop with lot's o' air and every other gun, stapler, etc. in the shop works fine. This thing is just out of wack. It won't even sink a nail in pine.

Before I start dismantaling the gun to try and understand where I might tweak it; does anyone know if there is a calibration adjustment so the knob will run the depth in a deeper range?

BW

Reply to
Bill Wallace

Yes, the depth should be adjustable. It is on my PC nailers. On mine, it is a round barrel adjustment that you can screw up or down to adjust the depth of the nail.

Bill

Reply to
WORSS

You may have a broken tip on your driver. Loss of power may also be due to dirty or dry o-rings letting air get by. No internal calibrations or adjustments exist. What is plenty of air pressure?? In pine 90psi should be plenty.

Reply to
Steve