Porter Cable 9690LR Router Sale @ the BORG

A little birdy has told me that this router is on sale at the Borg for $99 vice the usual $139.00. The BORG bought them for supposedly a one day Thanksgiving Special and is now selling them early. Haven't verified it with my own eyes yet.
Joey

Blue borg or orange borg?
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Orange. I must have missed when we started calling Lowes the Blue BORG. I thought they were refered to as Howes. But I guess that is rather vulgar.

I don't think we ever did as a general rule, but I've taken "the borg" to mean any of the big boxes. So when you said "the borg" had them on sale, I needed to find out which. One's three miles away (blue) and the other is ten (orange).
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<snip snip >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My distance to the orange is about 3 miles and the blue may be closer to 15 mi, but that is changing. I had to go to the orange a few days ago and what did my wandering eyes percieve??? A blue being built directly across the street from the orange one. Now throw in the large OSH down the street a few blocks (Just past the Wal-Mart). Now if there was just a quality woodworking store . . .
Wayne

there are 3 BORGs within 10 miles of my home. a blue went up last year less than 1/2 mile from one of them. now they are building one more within a few hundred yards of each of the other two.

Home Despot. Lowe's is still at $129. Its the Non-Variable Speed however. If that makes a diff...

Consider it verified. I just picked one up for my daughter for Christmas.
Thanks for the heads-up.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Joseph Smith wrote:

Thanks! Picked up one tonight (Thursday) at the $99 price - with case, 1/4 and 1/2" collets, pair of wrenches, parts list and user's manual. Probably will leave it set up with a 1/8" R roundover bit.
Interesting about the price ranges http://www.porter-cable.net/porcab96134p.html price: $304 (wonder what they're smokin'.)
http://www.powertools.com/PowerTools/Routers/9690LR.asp?var1 90LR price range: $127 to $144
One of the many advantages to participating in The Wreck.
charlie b
Hey Charlie. Check out PC's web site. Looks like they are giving out a mail in for some free router bits with that purchase. http://www.porter-cable.com/pcedge/cover.html
Joey