Porter Cable 557 plate jointer

Hello wreck,
Does anyone know for certain if the PC 557 Type 3 jointer has eliminated the problem requiring the shim fix?
Thanks, John Sellers
Just looked at a type 3 the other night at Rockler. It definitely is flush now

Hi,
I'm planning to buy this tool very soon, is the type number identified on the box?
Thanks
Martin
John Wozniak wrote:

Yes, on all the boxes I've looked at. There's a label - I think on the endflap or perhaps the lower back side. You'll also find the "type" designation on a label attached to the tool itself (where all the watts, amps and serial # are spec'd).
yes
dave
John Sellers wrote:

PC 557 Type 3 is fixed.
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:32:15 -0400, "John Sellers"