Porter Cable 557 plate jointer

Hello wreck,

Does anyone know for certain if the PC 557 Type 3 jointer has eliminated the problem requiring the shim fix?

Thanks, John Sellers

Reply to
John Sellers

John Wozniak

yes

dave

John Sellers wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Hi,

I'm planning to buy this tool very soon, is the type number identified on the box?

Thanks

Martin

John Wozniak wrote:

Reply to
Martin Boulerice

Yes, on all the boxes I've looked at. There's a label - I think on the endflap or perhaps the lower back side. You'll also find the "type" designation on a label attached to the tool itself (where all the watts, amps and serial # are spec'd).

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey