Porter Cable 4212 dovetail jig be used on 24" stock

I'm considering purchasing a Porter Cable 4212 dovetail jig and understand that it can be used for 12" stock. Can this be used twice on 24" stock?

No. The stock inserts into the jig.
24" is going to take a different approach. Not so inexpensive, probably.
What are you building?
Patriarch

I was planning on making guitar amplier cabinets - they use 10" or 12" stock. If things go well, I thought I might move on to larger cabinets - kitchen cabinets.
Bob wrote:
> I was planning on making guitar amplier cabinets - they use 10" or 12" > stock. If things go well, I thought I might move on to larger > cabinets - kitchen cabinets. >
Ever consider a box joint?
Table saw and a simple home made jig is all that is required.
No restrictions on length.
Strong, simple, and good looking.
Lew

Lew's right. Very few folks do dovetails on kitchen cabinet boxes.
Most of the time, dovies are for showing off. Box joints are plenty strong.
Patriarch, who has a dusty jig on the lower shelf, behind several seldom-used power tools...
Nope---you got to step up or go with a clamp on jig like the Keller.
Stepping up is a Omnijig or Leigh, both of which can do 24" stock. The "new" Omnijig to be realeased this month will do "both" half-blind or through-dovetails. The Leigh will do the same.
The Keller can do any length, but through-dovetails only.
http://www.kellerdovetail.com/models/model-features.html
Bob wrote:

I don't get enough use out it to justify the room it takes up.

In a word, yes. View the video: http://www.porter-cable.com/jigs/ Click on LARGE PROJECT DOVETAILS.
--
NuWave Dave in Houston

Now how cool is that? I had no idea they were doing that. In essence. you are getting the Keller (or Katie - I forget which is which) jig when you buy the system.
Thanks for the link.
Robert
I don't think word has gotten out how powerful these jigs are. I had no idea the "little" jig could do all that. I am very impressed with that jig.
NuWaveDave wrote:

Nothing really astounding there. The frame that holds the template is just that, a frame. No reason you can't take the template off and mount it to something else. Can do this with most.

Thanks everyone. That video answered my question.

and answered my question.