Porter Cable

Any comments, good or bad, about a Porter Cable 3700 10" miter saw???

Reply to
Bullwinkle Moose

I have the Porter Cable 12" CMS, and I love it to death. It's my favorite tool in the shop. That doesn't say much about the 10", other than it has a nice big brother...

FWIW: I'm a PC extremist. I'll nearly always buy a Porter Cable blrfl after consideration of the other brands' blrfls. It's not always the absolute best available, but it always seems to at least be the best value. Very near top quality on all fronts, without being a price loser.

Another thing that helps with price: there's no "yellow tax" for being a lemming and buying a DeWalt.

I have used DeWalt, Delta, and Hitachi compound miter saws a lot as well (for framing work). The Deltas are generally identical to the Porter Cables, so they're fine. The DeWalt worked, but nothing special.

I would recommend you look at the Hitachis too -- they had a nice feel, and I used one that was ancient and abused, and it worked like a charm.

Overall though, I like PC.

Bullw> Any comments, good or bad, about a Porter Cable 3700 10" miter saw???

Reply to
Mike Reed

My tool box is filled with about half DeWalt and half Porter Cable. I am slowly switching over from DeWalt to Porter Cable. I am pretty much dis-satisfied with every DeWalt tool I have.

Reply to
Maverick

I have used Milwauki and DeWalt miter saws as well as a Makita miter saw I bought approximately 12 years ago but have never used a PC. I recently replaced my Makita saw with a Hitachi 10" dual compound sliding miter saw with a laser guide and am totally happy with it. I compared features and prices of all the major brands and at the time I was shopping found the best price on Amazon.com which has been running in additon to good prices, a $25 rebate and free shipping. It is probably the second most used tool in my shop after my table saw.

Reply to
Frank Korb

What do you think of the laser? Is it precise enough to actually be of use?

Reply to
Duane Bozarth