Porter-Cable 314P 4-1/2" Trim Saw - Is It Gone?

Amazon is no longer carrying this little saw. Does that mean P-C is dropping it? Other sites still list it, but is that because they have stock and are drawing it down??

PC still has it on their web site. Greg
The Woodworking Shop ( www.woodworkingshop.com )still handles the saw. I think the confusion comes from Porter Cable releasing their Heritage line of tools last year (the trim saw, the classic router, the half sheet sander, etc) during which time you couldn't order the current versions, but that's all over now and the world is back turning in its greased skids.

Called ToolCrib this morning. The rep said that they have lots in stock. Evidently the Amazon website is referring to the Heritage line, as you had correctly surmised. Glad to know this baby is going to be around. Now where can I find the $$$ to get one?
Max Mahanke wrote:

I have the Makita which is slightly cheaper and it performs well.
http://coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/makita/4200h.htm?L+coastest+htjv5054ff989698+1085123787
They also carry the PC
http://coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/port/314.htm?L+coastest+rcnt9890ff2fba2f+1085117996
or try : http://www.tools-plus.com/power-tools--electric--circular-saws.html
No affiliation. Just a customer who has visited their stores and they are real and have excellent customer service. Both have Home Depots across the street from them and kick butt on price and service. Because I live in CT I have to pay sales tax and I still find them cheaper in MOST cases than Amazon.
Rich
Tools Plus says it is no longer available. Either they are not carrying it anymore, or something else is going on. As mentioned in my original post, I know there are other sites with it available. I was just trying to learn if anyone knows the what and why. Thanks for the tips ...
RKON wrote:

http://coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/makita/4200h.htm?L+coastest+htjv5054ff989698+1085123787
http://coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/port/314.htm?L+coastest+rcnt9890ff2fba2f+1085117996

From the Pure Speculation department:
Porter-Cable has in the past discontinued tools that were good performers as a tool but not in the market. Some examples: LaserLoc miter saw, MorTen mortise/tenon jig, pocket hole machine (the 550, not the 552 production machine).
I understand they increased the price of the 314 a while back to around $225. I bought mine ten or more years ago at around $150. That seemed a little pricy then (although it's a great tool), but over $200 makes it have zero attraction value no matter how good it is.
Thus, with reduced sales (again, speculation), it may no longer have been worth it to produce. That being the case, if they have indeed given up on it and you're interested in one, I'd hit the phones and track one down wherever you can before they're gone for good.
Or look for one on ebay.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

I just found it on the Amazon site as a 314H. Doesn't have the same "discontinued" caveat that the 314P had. Supposedly ships in 1-2 days @ $219.99
Tools Plus has the PC 314 according to their site: http://www.tools-plus.com/p-c314.html

http://coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/makita/4200h.htm?L+coastest+htjv5054ff989698+1085123787