Portable Planer

What the best portable planer? Thanks
Carol Dufour wrote:

The one I bought, of course.
Delta and DeWalt have good reputations. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Depends a bit on what you consider portable. The one I own came with lifting handles for ease of moving, one of its selling points. Of course it's an RC 33 @ 170 lbs.

I've got unaccountable problems with sniping with the Bosch I've got, had a Ryobi for many years that was very dependable that got stolen. Many people bash that brand but I'm a tradesman and always got my money's worth from the tools.

The tool guide that is in all the stores say the best planer is the Makita 2012NB. I can't say if the guide is right because mine was just ordered Friday. (Actually I bought it because it was also the lightest planer, and I will have to store it on a shelf.)