Popular Woodworking Mag losing 3 of their best

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

I bought a copy to read while I was eating lunch in a public place today. What I didn't count on is that I had already read several of the articles on the USA Today app I have on my TV. And I left the paper on the table for the next person. I think for your $2, you're not buying a "rag" as you put it, you're buying some form of companionship. :) I'd rather buy that than something from Starbucks for twice the cost.

Into the trash. I'm sure they'd like that number to be smaller, but it doesn't seem out of line. Magazines are printed way in advance of the issue date, they have to print some extra for any new subscriptions that come in, plus there's always a fair amount of damaged copies.

That's a typo on my part, should have been 450,000. Look here: http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/files/mediakit/PDF/Circulation-page.pdf
John
On 10/9/2014 9:05 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

Popular Woodworking lost ME, ;~), when their content became boring. I was tempted to cancel the subscription but I just let it run out.

Companionship? Um, OK, I have my cell phone to keep up on current events. I do read when waiting in line, or whatever. Starbucks sucks, though I'm certainly not against spending money on whatever pleases. That's why I work.

+1