Popping in to plug my book...

Page 2 of 2

Silvan wrote: snip

Remember we were having adelphia problems and then they started working again so I was sending to the addy you sent from, I'll see if I have the other one and resend to that.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net

Congrats on the book.
... snip

... snip

Get him involved in karate classes -- not so that he will go out and kick some bully in the family jewels (good instructors are *very* good at making sure that message is neither sent nor condoned), but to give him the self confidence to know that he *can* do so and thus will not be intimidated by those menaces.
... good luck with the shop, just be careful so it doesn't come down on top of you. We like hearing from you occasionally -- would ruin our day if we found out you had been crushed by a termite-riddled shop. :-(
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Yeah, I'm trying to do just that, actually. Funny you should mention that. :)

The roof ain't gonna fall in. Everything above maybe 4" above ground is in surprisingly good shape.
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:06:56 -0400, Silvan

If you ever go out to your shop and it seems like the door is a bit short you'll know what happened. :-)
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Silvan wrote:

You can try another troop, if there's one around. Also, I don't mean to come across as totally rude, but if you are driving him across town to go to the meeting (as you said), why not stay for the hour meeting and keep a watch on things? I have no problem yelling at other peoples' little bastards when they misbehave.
Of course, I guess by now, your kid has no interest in Scouts.
bf wrote:

I couldn't. Meetings were on Monday nights, and I've worked every Monday from dawn to dusk and beyond for years. That's life as a grown-up.
Cub meetings were on a different night. The Monday thing was a big change, and probably the all-important change. Nothing could be done about that on either side of the equation though.
C'est la vie. Life went on.
Just got his academic performance rating stuff in the mail today... The No Child Left Behind-mandated stuff.
advanced performance advanced performance advanced performance advanced performance advanced performance passed
Not too damn shabby. The only thing he didn't get "advanced" in was writing, which is somewhat ironic. He kicks my butt in math stuff, but I can write circles around the little genius. :)

This is maybe why he didn't fit in with the other kids. Very sad that high performance where it counts just is not "cool" in society any more. I hope he keeps it up.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Yeah, plus COMPLETELY sucking at everything related to sports. That had a lot to do with it too.
I don't think high performance has *ever* been cool though. We're a strange species. We beat the crap out of the ones who stand out, unless they stand out because they're good at beating the crap out of people.