Popping in to plug my book...

I couldn't. Meetings were on Monday nights, and I've worked every Monday from dawn to dusk and beyond for years. That's life as a grown-up.

Cub meetings were on a different night. The Monday thing was a big change, and probably the all-important change. Nothing could be done about that on either side of the equation though.

C'est la vie. Life went on.

Just got his academic performance rating stuff in the mail today... The No Child Left Behind-mandated stuff.

advanced performance advanced performance advanced performance advanced performance advanced performance passed

Not too damn shabby. The only thing he didn't get "advanced" in was writing, which is somewhat ironic. He kicks my butt in math stuff, but I can write circles around the little genius. :)

Reply to
Silvan

This is maybe why he didn't fit in with the other kids. Very sad that high performance where it counts just is not "cool" in society any more. I hope he keeps it up.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Curious thing about getting paid in beer - there is a certain point beyond which it is impossible to earn any more....

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

If you ever go out to your shop and it seems like the door is a bit short you'll know what happened. :-)

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

You only rent beer though.....

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Yeah, plus COMPLETELY sucking at everything related to sports. That had a lot to do with it too.

I don't think high performance has *ever* been cool though. We're a strange species. We beat the crap out of the ones who stand out, unless they stand out because they're good at beating the crap out of people.

Reply to
Silvan

*hic* I dn'ot knwo whta yuor talinkg aobut.
Reply to
Silvan

On the bully thing. Read Ender's Game By Orson Scott Card.

Reply to
Dana Miller