Pop Warner participation down 9.5 percent

Page 2 of 2  
wrote:

For the sake of argument I'll accept what you say as the truth, even though I personally don't care how happy the rest of the world is.
We will see how happy they are when we are no longer capable of being the worlds police because our government has wussified our military to the point of being fearful of most others while the radical muslims are free to terrorize these "happy" people at will.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 11/14/2013 1:23 PM, scritch wrote:

All the more reason to return to those values that enabled us to bailout "the rest of the industrialized world" when they couldn't do it themselves.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 11/14/2013 1:23 PM, scritch wrote:

And that is because the Americans have been first in line in defending the world. What will the rest of the world do when the Americans don't have the balls any more to look out for the under dog?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Defending the world against what? Aliens? Typhoons?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 11/15/2013 9:20 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Obviously your head is still in the sand.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

No, I just don't buy into the "American Exceptionalism" that you seem to believe makes America superior to the rest of the world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_exceptionalism
There's no doubt that the US had a key role in winning WWI and WWII.
Since then, the US record has been spotty, to say the least. Particularly in the 21st century.
But, you are an avowed republican, so you'll ignore everything counter to the 21st century republican ethos as some "liberal nonsense".
Talk about head in the sand.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 11/15/2013 12:05 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Snore
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

+1
Scott is a charter member of the blame-America-first crowd.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 22:48:31 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Whichever way that people think about the supposed arrogance of the US, as a Canadian, I'm glad we share the longest undefended border in the world. Well, it was that way until Sept. 11, 2001, when some walls went up. But, we're still good neighbours and I know that the US would be right there to help us in time of great strife.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

+3
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 03:03:31 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

You betcha. Paranoia has caused all sorts of silliness. TSA, anyone?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
One thing that is becoming quite apparent is that many people who post on rec.woodworking must have played tackle football at some point in their lives...
--
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation
with the average voter. (Winston Churchill)
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 11/14/2013 03:36 PM, Larry W wrote:

on the bus home after a game, I did have to ask a team mate "who won the game?". Other than that, the only injuries I sustained were a broken neck, various broken fingers, cleat gouges clear to the shin bones and dislocated shoulders. Ah, those were he days...
--
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure,the creed of ignorance, and the
gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery"
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 11/14/2013 4:36 PM, Larry W wrote:

Never played tackle, played touch football bare footed "in the street". Sometimes a touch is all it took to crash and burn on the gravel on asphalt surface. In hind site that was probably worse than being tackled on grass.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.