Poor customer service from Skil

Jaguar (AKA: Found On Road Dead)

When FoMoCo bought Jag, it had 35 man hours in per my source.

No wonder it was a dog.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Actually long before Ford bought Jaguar, Jaguar was having big time engine problems. Oddly, a Chevy V8 engine was the better choice as a direct bolt up replacement engine for the Jag's as far back as the 70's IIRC.

Reply to
Leon

:> The thing that concerns me so much is that the same company that owns :> Skil also owns Bosch.

: The same company that owns Mercedes Benz owns Dodge.

And it's of interest that Mercedes cars are now quite unreliable, across the line. (I'm not saying it's due to the Chrysler acquisition, just that MB, once famous for terrific build quality, is apparently down the slope some).

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

From what I have read, if it is German the reliability is not what it used to be.

Reply to
Leon

Geeze - I should hope so. A 1/2" drill motor for driving screws - it should never die from that workload. Alas, what a shame that the same can't always be said of what's out there today.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Likewise, I have a 20 year old B&D stinger type chordless screw driver. It's been a faithful servant all these years. The battery is showing its age now and of course - no replacements available. It was handy for a lot of smaller stuff like screwing in outlets, and for some other not so small stuff.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Should bolt in. They used GM transmissions.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

DOH!

Reply to
Leon

Before pitching it you might consider contacting a battery rebuilder and see if they will rebuild it.

Reply to
Leon