Pool table legs

Two dated, but very good movies. The Color of Money is a continuation of the movie The Hustler where Fast Eddie Felson (Paul Newman) finally wins against Minnesota fats, (Jackie Gleason). Fast Eddie then goes into self exile. The Color of Money is where Fast Eddie starts playing pool again a number of years later.

One really needs to see both movies to get a sense of the story.

Reply to
upscale

The sequel was diminished by Cruise.

Reply to
LDosser

No unexpected. While some of his action movies have been passable, I have yet to see him excel with serious drama.

Reply to
upscale

That's in Kanada right?

Down here, in the USSA, many bars have 7' tables, and they are generally called Bar Boxes. Where I live, most bars have 8' tables. In my lifetime, I don't recall ever seeing a table larger than 9'.

smaller tables and even usurped the name "Billiards" to refer to the game of "9Ball"?

There is some confusion down here regarding Billiards. Billiards refers to all cue sports. There is pocket billiards, known as pool, and carom billiards. Both pocket billiards and non-pocket billiards fall under billiards. Many think only pocketless billiards is billiards. The term has been abused and confused the world over. In the USSA, 9 ball is always considered pool. Some people don't think it is billiards, usually by those who never heard of 3Cushion or other carom sports.

"Band Box" did not > appear until small bars tried to permit some sporting by getting sub-standard sized tables > with coin machines incorporated. The 4'X8' tables were reserved for "Bang Ball" aka >Rotation", "Spots&Stripes", "9Ball" and "Golf". Snooker and Pocket Billiards were concidered >"The only proper pool games". I only ever played true Billiards (no pockets in the table) once.

3C is no more a billiards sport than any other cue sport. As far as Cuemanship, all cue sports require true cuemanship to excel. Generally though, only 3C players get snobby about it:-)

I would need binoculars to see the end of a 14' table. I started out on 9' tables and still enjoy them, but my eyes prefer 7'.

Reply to
Jack Stein

I guess you didn't look at the two links I listed above. One uses a simple box style leg that only looks massive, and the other is a cabriole leg, not massive. Both links are for building your own table, and have ample pictures of how they do the legs.

If you go to my web page, under Billiards, you will find links to about

40 sites for pool tables, and about every one has pictures of tables with both massive looking, and non-massive looking legs.
Reply to
Jack Stein