Polyurethane over Shellac

I posted a question yesterday about pine conditioning prior to staining, and some suggestions were to apply a 1# cut of shellac as conditioner to even out the pore absorption.
That's something I'll try on scrap, but I would like to verify that I can go over it with polyurethane as a finish coat(s).
Thanks.
says...

As long as it is dewaxed shellac you can.
--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods

Thanks. Will shellac tend to yellow or darken over time?
No.
Read this: http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/author/zinsser/shellac.shtm
David