polyester finish

Hi all,

I got a demand to finish furniture with polyester. To have a better idea about the finish here is link of a picture of a chair with the required finish:

only thing I know is that this is an ordinary wood chair covered with... glass reinforced polyester with silk screen flower pattern...

I've little or no experience with polyester finishing, so I'm looking for some place to start, book, web or other basic info that might get me on track.

All info is greatly appreciated

Jill

Reply to
fep

Jill:

We've a shop in my area that does nothing but finishing. When I've had to have polyester for a customer, I did the work and sent the pieces to the finishing shop, and they came back perfect. I thought this made better sense for my shop, rather than wrestling with a difficult & dangerous technique that I might well not use again. This turned out to be more profitable for me.

So I guess my advice is to sub out the finishing Hope that isn't too incredibly useless.

-- Timothy Juvenal

Hambone Slim

thank you for this suggestion. problem is that i really would like to master these things myself. even if it takes some failures. May be this time, i'll leave it to pros... anyhow, if you have any sources you would like to share, please let me know. Thanks again Jill

Reply to
fep

See my reply in rec.boats.building

Reply to