poly over tung oil question

Hi All.
I finished my coffee table with two coats of pure tung oil (may be I should apply at least one more) and now want to apply top coat of poly. So, the question is how long should I wait before applying top coat of poly? I really like tung oil but would like to find some faster drying alternatives by the way.
--
Dmitri

Hi Dmitri;
You might look into Tried & True varnish oil as a faster drying finish. Here's a link for you: http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/wvt009.asp
If I were to put poly over this oil I would wait at least 2 weeks.
Brian

Nothing to do with poly, but I have Tried&True varnish on a little black cherry project (a coat hood board, shaped, etc.) a couple of days ago and -- on cherry at least -- the results are astounding. The drying time is better then unpolymerized tung oil, but still requires 24 hours according to the can for re-coat and rub out. I will be trying it on oak soon to see if the bleed-out is as bad as tung oil. But the look on cherry is absolutely astounding. I can't believe people stain cherry when this kind of look is available (I know..sapwood...but still).
Paul K
Paul Kierstead wrote:

Does is it look better then pure tung oil? The reason that I like tung oil is that results look better then anything I tried so far, it definitely look better than Watco Danish Oil and Teak Oil. And it smells really nice. But it takes really long time to dry.
--
Dmitri