Polish or Wax lacquered furniture

How do you care for lacquered rosewod art eco table? Have been using lemon oil-should I wax or oil and what brand-thanks AL

Reply to
AL

Clean the table with some mineral spirits or paint thinner to remove the oils already applied. Then wax it with furniture paste wax. The thinnest possible film is all that is needed.

Good Luck.

Reply to
Baron

Put the wax on. Oil is wax lite for practical purposes, and its solvent has long since evaporated.

Harder waxes might be a bit more durable in use.

Reply to
George

Modern lacquers require only a little soap in your water to clean them. When you use any type of wax oil or spray wax all you are doing is building up layers of wax that will attract dirt and end up with a bunch of grime that eventually will build up in all the nooks and crannies of your furniture.

Chris Melanson

Reply to
Chris Melanson

I'm figuring to remove any dirt trapped in any residual oil and to help remove the silicones. While the presence of silicones won't be a problem for waxing, it will be a problem if the table is to be refinished in the future.

Reply to
Baron

Wipe off residual oil. If it's non-curing, it'll wipe. If it's curing, thinner won't do a thing.

Wash with detergent to remove silicones. Solvents will just spread 'em.

Reply to
George

I agree with you but as long as you use lots of fresh rags, solvents work just fine.

Reply to
Baron