Poctet Cutting Machines

Charlie Self Wrote:

Thanks for everyone's advise. The machine wasn't like the Porter Cabl 552 or the stationary Kreg machine. I guess I'll have to see if my ol employer still has his shop and and running.
The machine I'm looking for is more like a router motor that pivots i a frame - as it pivots downward it cuts the pocket while a clampin mechanism built into the machine holds the piece of the face-frame tha is being cut in position. The pilot hole is then bored manually, bu the tool acts as a guide to get the hole in the right spot.
By the way, there is a stationary Kreg pocket hole machine ebay righ now...no affiliation, yada yada yada.
http://tinyurl.com/6ycom
Thanks
-- makesawdust

I remember Norm using a machine like this way back when he was cutting pocket holes.
todd
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 04:41:02 +0000, makesawdust

Sorry I missed the original question. I believe you're talking about a Porter-Cable model 550. I have a couple of pictures of one at my website in the Norm's Tools section
http://www.woodbutcher.net/images/normstools/pc-550.htm
They show up on ebay every once in a while.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

Hmmm! I seem to remember that the one on Norm's show was a little bigger than that. Either that or the one I remember was a different model or make.
Upscale Wrote:

THANK YOU!!!! This is exactly the tool that I'm looking for. This i great, thanks
-- makesawdust