pocket jigs - an adaptation

I had to set up a pocket hole jig to make some joints deep inside a box. It worked well enough to become a part of the production line. If you'd like to see it, go to http://www.edswoods.com/appendix.html If you have any questions, email me.
Clever adaptation, but one question. How did you organize enough room to get the drill into the box so you could do the drilling?
Clever adaptation, but one question. How did you organize enough room to get the drill into the box so you could do the drilling?
Well, there's not much room in there, only about 12", but that worked out to be just enough room for the pocket hole jig and a sawed-off stepped drillbit in a 3/8" right angle drill. If the drill hadn't fit then yes, I would have s-canned the operation. Two other points - one, maybe the picture isn't clear enough to make it obvious, but the piece of 10" angle bracket is grooved into the wood. Two, there are two screws in the jig that protrude about
3/16" on the inside. They are really necessary to counter the pressure (they dig into the inside of the box when clamped) of the clamp on the guide. Here it doesn't matter, no one will see the inside of the box when it's finished. But if it was a bookshelf or something where the inside was visible in the finished piece, I'd try using rubber matting instead of screws.