Pocket Hole Screws

Page 2 of 2

Yeah! LOL we'll do what ever it takes ! To piss y'all off.
"Leon" wrote in message wrote:

Yeah! LOL we'll do what ever it takes ! To piss y'all off. ================================================================================I'll bet that the new ones are cheaper. They changed to increase profit. They seem to have found out that you get what you pay for.
On Thursday, May 9, 2013 12:14:19 AM UTC-5, CW wrote:

Reminds me of the Coca Cola snafu ... new Coke (yuk) vs Coke Classic. "New and improved" usually means that someone forgot the old mantra: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Larry
On Thu, 9 May 2013 06:00:39 -0700 (PDT), "Gramp's shop"

improved" usually means that someone forgot the old mantra: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
OTOH, if you don't make it better, someone else will.
Coke had the right idea but its implementation was horrible. They do the same thing now, constantly. How many "brands" of Coke do you think there are?

I'll bet that the new ones are cheaper. They changed to increase profit.

Word is their sales on regular old Coke skyrocketed due to all the publicity over the failed ad campaign. So maybe it wasn't such a failure after all. :-)
--

-MIKE-

So, what does that mean? I really hate the new Coke, so I'm going to go and drink more than the usual amount of the regular coke? :)

It means you couldn't turn on the TV during those months and not hear someone talking about the New Coke. Talk shows and morning news shows were doing taste tests and radio stations were talking about it and it was water cooler talk for months. Water cooler is a metaphor for vending machine, which generally hold coke cans. :-)
And then, when it was discovered the stuff sucked (tasted like Pepsi, which was the intent all along), the buzz started back up talking about what a failure it was. With all that free press for Coca-Cola, they could've have bought more or better advertising.
It's the old adage, "There is no such thing as bad publicity." Advertising is all about getting people thinking about your brand. The catchy songs ("Anticipation"), the funny catch lines ("Where's the beef?"), the memorable slogans ("Have it your way") all keep a brand in your mind, and that's what they count on. So when a goof up (not a tragedy-- poison in the tylenol) get's a brand name in the spotlight and in the collective conscience of a society, it's gold for that brand.
--

-MIKE-

On 5/11/13 5:22 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

In the context of this discussion, this oh shit made them tens of millions.
--

-MIKE-

snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in

Only two or three. Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke come to mind. (Diet Coke does not count.)
The Coca-cola company seems to throw new flavors to the wolves and kills them off if they don't do well. See also Surge (NOT full of caffeine ~58 mg/12 oz) and Vault (more caffeine than other pops, but ~70 mg/12 oz rather than ~55 mg/12 oz.) {Note: Caffeine numbers are from memories a few years old.}
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 10 May 2013 04:18:10 GMT, Puckdropper

So in other words, if you don't like it[*], it doesn't count. How about Coke Zero, and all of the caffeine free sorts?
[*] It's the only sort I drink. If I wanted the sugar, I'd drink Pepsi.

Rather my point.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in

Diet Coke doesn't count because it's pretty much a brand of its own. It may have started as a brand of Coke, but has grown to be one itself. *trim*
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 11 May 2013 05:21:39 GMT, Puckdropper

Huh? You are *really* weird.
"Gramp's shop" wrote:

---------------------------------------- Coca Cola AKA: Carbonated suger water used to trash rum.
Lew

Hell, the new plated ones look cheap. I was unimpressed when I opened my first box of silver screws several years ago.

That is great news! Hope they roll them out ASAP. My shop is looking forward to good screws again.

In following up with Kreg I heard from one of the Kreg customer support guys.
In a very polite email he said: "Im sorry to inform you that we are not moving back to our dry lube screws like you are referring to. We are however slowly transitioning back to our square drive only screws instead of the combo drive screws."
So, sounds like the zinc screws are here to stay but going back to the square drive, not combo drive. Bruce
On 5/12/2013 10:09 AM, Bruce Kaatz wrote:

That is unfortunate, it would be better if it was the other way around.