Pocket hole plugs

I just had the occasion to make my first project using pocket hole joinery. I made frames for some glass cabinet doors and they came out great. I bought some (oak) pocket hole plugs but I was surprised at how much they sat above the surface of the frames (or as Norm would say, "they were proud of the frame surface"). They stick up about 1/8" above the surface. I can clearly sand them down but it will be more work than I expected. I'd be interested to hear from others who have done this to see if my experience is normal or have I made some kind of error.

Thanks.

Reply to
Dick Snyder

The plugs are generic to fit all size holes I believe. If you used 3/4" stock, then it is normal for them to sit above the surface. Grab yourself a flush cuttiong saw to cut them off, then sand the surface.

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

5 Reviews:

- Workshop Essentials Under $30

- Festool PS 300 Jigsaws

- Delta Universal Tenoning Jig