Pocket hole jigs

Which model do you use and like? I'm looking at Rockler's, and they have several. Thanks.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Kreg. Take the leap and buy the K2000 for $125. Greg

Well actually I had begun to consider the Kreg Rocket Jig for $59.99 at Rockler, less my $10 gift card I got in the mail. $125 for the other one is a bit stiff for now. Thanks.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
the rocket works, but is slow and clumsy.
If that is all you can spend, maybe an off brand with the clamp.
I went from a pocket holer machine (floor model) to the Kreg model you use with a drill. I prefer the hand model. I bought the deluxe kit for around $130 max

Love my Kreg..........great jig!

Paul O. wrote:

Pilot bit, wood screws, and eyeball.     j4
Paul O. wrote:

After being cheap for a while and using just the $20 Kreg mini jig I bought the Kreg Pro Pack. I should have done it sooner. Much, much sooner.
The Pro Pack includes the Mini Jig ($22 by itself) the Rocket ($60 by itself) and then the large clamping base. ($100 by itself, without side supports).
I guess it depends on how many holes you think you're going to make, but using the clamping jig mounted to a plywood base has cut my time by 75% I'd say over using the smaller jig and clamping for each hole.
The Rocket is nice, and I use it on assembled pieces. If you really can't swing the $125 for the Pro Pack get the Rocket. But get the Pro Pack. You won't regret it.
-Steve
--

BargainBirch.com
The Internet's lowest prices on Baltic Birch plywood

Kreg K2000 Very nice kit. Had it for 2 years now and still love it. Review > http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/kregk2000.htm
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - WoodHaven Biscuit Master - Veritas Saddle Square - EZ Smart Guide System - Ryobi EBS1310VK Belt Sander - Incra V27 Miter Gauge - GMC BJ110 Biscuit Joiner ------------------------------------------------------------
Paul O. wrote:

I have two that I use depending on the job:
http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=KRJ http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?offerings_id 85&filter=kreg
The Penn State jig is nice because it's made of AL and is very adjustable. I use it when I'm putting pocket holes in face frames or other small pieces. You also can't beat the price! However, the toggle clamp that comes with it isn't a real 'vice grip' and feels really cheap.
The Kreg jig isn't as adjustable, but it works good on larger items that don't fit nicely on the Penn State jig (i.e. cabinet cases). The toggle clamp is a real 'vice grip' and feels nice.
Jeff