pocket door hardware

I didn't find what I'm looking for in my Lee Valley hardware catalog and the only returns I get from Googling seem to be outfits that I've never heard of. I'm looking for the latch hardware for a pocket door. I'm looking for two things: the pull for the door edge to pull it out of its pocket and a finger pull kind of thingie to be able to open the door when closed.

Here is what I have in mind for the edge pull:

the cup pull:
don't really have a problem with the price, but I've never heard of the referenced web site. If anyone is aware of a mainstream place that might carry this stuff, please let me know.

Thanks,

todd

Reply to
todd

You're more careful than I as that site looks acceptable to me. On the contact page they list their address, etc. If I was still not feeling good I'd call the Chamber of Comm for the Woonsocket, SD area and see what they have to say. As you probably did, I googled door hardware and got many hits but as you say, I don't recognize any of the names.

Reply to
Joe Bemier

Not too hard when you look around:

I love Lee Valley also but they have a small collection of hardware.

Jus because you never heard of them doesn't mean they are not reputable.

todd wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

I ran across this site in my searches. Just because they have a website doesn't mean they *are* reputable, either. I was hoping someone might bring up a company they had actually done business with. Have you ordered from Johnson Hardware?

todd

Reply to
todd

They operate in two different countries. They have been in business since 1958. Yes, I have ordered from them.

They are one of the largest companies in the world that sell this type of product.

They have a telephone:

sell their products through dealers world wide.

Look at the list with> I ran across this site in my searches. Just because they have a website

Reply to
Pat Barber