Pneumatic Nailer Questions

Feeling ambitious and I plan on building an entertainment armoire to house a

32 in TV. Dimensions will be roughly 72x35x24, with raised panel doors and trim molding around the top. I'm window shopping for a pneumatic nailer and would like some advise on what types to consider. I'd like to purchase an all around gun that's versatile for this job and other furniture projects down the road for roughly $300 (total including compressor). Here are my key questions:

Quality name brands of nailers?

Brad nailer vs. finishing nailer?

Angled vs. straight nailers?

Compressor vs. cordless?

Best type of nails to use for building sm, med, and lg furniture?

's a deal on Amazon.com for both types of guns. Would that solve all my problems or would it be overkill to have both?

Thanks,

-R

Reply to
Russell H. Martin, Jr.

> Here's a deal on Amazon.com for both types of guns. Would that solve all my

Reply to
jeffk

You really need to disguide your amazon affiliate link a little better next time. Or at least offer it response to a legitimate question :(

Reply to
MisterWood

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Not related to your question:

I just finished an entertainment armoire to house a 32" TV. Dimensions are

72x60x24. Raised panel/hidden doors. Crown molding at the top and trim molding at the floor. I only used my air nailer to drive 10 nails - to fasten the crown and trim molding (armoire sits in an alcove next to the fireplace - no sides or back to trim out). Everything else is glued and clamped. I did build it in two sections, with the top and bottom fastened together with a hidden, flat panel connector bolt-type thing.

Sounds like SWMBO justification to buy a compressor and nailer. Go for it!

I have a Porter Cable pneumatic finish nailer. Shoots 15 gauge 1" to 2.5" long. Very happy with it.

Bob

> Here's a deal on Amazon.com for both types of guns. Would that solve all my

Reply to
bob