Pneumatic finish nailer noises

Hi,

A month or so ago I bought a Porter Cable finish nailer with the pancake compressor etc., it works great. However I'm concerned about the change in the noise it makes. It used to make a "wump-bump-shhh" sound when I drove a nail in. Now its more of a hard "bang" no "shhh" at the end. Occasionally it will go back to the old sound for one or two nails, but then back to the "bang".

It still drives the nails in without a problem, but I'm worried that the "bang" noise is a sign that there is a problem with the nailer and that I'm doing damage to it as I continue to use it.

Has anyone had a similar problem...is this even a problem?

Thanks,

Cam

Reply to
CB

Maybe the oil is finally working its way into the innards.

You do oil it?

Reply to
Andy

It's not out of the ordinary. IME If you run the gun slowly, and keep the trigger depressed until after the nail is completely driven you should get sound it used to make. the bump shhh thing. If you run the gun faster, and release the trigger before the nail completely sets, it will make the different bang sound. I don't think either way will harm your gun. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

I've been pretty good with the oiling. I've been using it two or three times a week for the last month and I think there was only once or twice that I didn't put a couple of drops in.

I'll be using it tonight, I'm going to try the slower trigger action that someone else had suggested.

Thanks,

Cam

Occasionally

Reply to